Friday, March 14, 2008

How I get my ideas

Well one question that I get the most is how do I get my ideas or where do my ideas come from? So let me share with you.
It is actually very simple. Sometimes they come from everyday conversations. You know wouldn't it be cool if... Or sometimes someone will say something and my mind will take me there. Also my dreams. We all have some mine might just happen to be strangers than most people. And last but not least sometimes I'll have a charcater that I want to write and bam! Theres the story.

Let me explain and give some examples:
Okay so my Supernatural novel came from someone asking me if I had to choose bewteen a vampire and werewolf which would it be? Well my first reaction is why do I have to choose. Then I started writing. And that was the background of the relationships.
On my demon series: I saw an alley while driving and thought hey that looks like a dream. In my dream I was being stalked but didn't know by what. So got that one.
Inmy short stories: Seducing the neighbor. The logic is when you are with someone that you love and trust you can be yourself 100% even in the bedroom. So...

You never know when you'll get the idea to write a book from. My last outline was from a comment on myspace. This is one reason I am an observer. I will see someone and I can have their entire story planned out for them. Yes. I know it won't be how they really live, but is it how they would want too?

That's my favorite thing about writing. The beginning, middle, and end. It what you want to say, or how you would end it, how it progresses from point A to point B.

I have alot of support rooting me on so I am very lucky. But let me know what you guys think. How you come up with ideas. Or what you thought of mine.

I will be posting a small excerpt of Seducing the Neighbor so stayed tuned in.

*Wink and Kiss*


No comments: