Monday, April 14, 2008

Changing genre

Changing Genre is not that difficult for me. I like to write paranormal, urban fantasy, and erotic short stories. After being told over and over again that vampires are just so overdone right now I have put Eternal aside and decided to concentrate on one of the first stories I'd started about a serial killer. Except I have added a paranormal twist. The problem with this is that it is alot more in dept and research driven. Just the pyshic part of the book is taking alot of digging. Then add all the serial killer stuff, his signature, why he does this, his childhood, profiling, etc. And last but not least is the law enforcement part of this. I do have one up as with my experience with guns (hubby owns a gun store) I know what I am talking about when it comes to weapons. I have left the love connection alone between the characters only extended it some. Letting them take there time to give in to their desire and needs.
I am looking forward to writting this. On Saturday my dad and I went to Barnes and Noble where I picked up some suspense books with serial killers and the Rachel Vincent book Rogue. We drank coffee and talked about our work. He added a couple of great ideas for mine, and I think I helped him out also.
I am super excited about his work. I think this book is going to be the absouolte best. I think it will be early Stephanie Plum funny. I can't wait to get to read it as he's writting.
I am very lucky to have his support and the abilty to bounce ideas off of him. For my birthday he gave me a a leather notebook with my initals engraved on it. This is the first story that I have gotten to use it. And I can't tell you how cool that is. I was working on my outline Friday night and kept picking it up and writting notes in it. Finally hubby looks at me and asks What I am doing?
You see this is new for us. I have asked him to read some of my work, but he just tells me that this is my thing. Which is why I bounce ideas off of daddy and my rock. But he finally read one of my stories (while I was gone) and admitted that he liked it. I was surprised to say in the least. So I told him about the ideas for this book, and with only a few smartass comments, he listened pretty well.
So I have alot of work ahead of me....so wish me luck.

No comments: