Monday, March 23, 2009

What kind of writer are you?



This weekend I was finishing the final edots for the third book in The Were Chronicles Series: Pack Territory.

While going through this I realised something. I have never kept an ending. I mean never!!!

They say there are two kind of writers. The fly by the seat of the pants writers and the outliners. Myself I am an outlining. I have a serial notebook for every story I do.

In that notebook I have a characters page including description. I also have a synopsis on what should happen. Then I break down scenes. I do not number the scene but write what I want to happen throughout the book. The scenes get moved around. I use them in diffrent places but I get an idea on how things will happen.

I also go chapter by chapter. Then I write the first draft. Then I put it away for a few days (weeks) before going back and doing the re-write. Then once again put it away (hopefully for only a few days) before I start the edits.

Now depanding on the story length and all that edits can be done two to four times. After that I do a final run through to make sure everything is polished before I send it in to my editor.

Well this weekend I started wondering how I have changed every single ending I have ever had. I have even changed the ending after I have sent it to my editor. Probably drives her crazy!

I have now contracted eight books. And yes all eight of those books once had a different ending. Never would have guessed it.

So tell me. What kind of writer are you?

Crissy

No comments: