Monday, May 3, 2010

Book Review Monday- May 3rd



BOOK REVIEW MONDAY- TWO MORE BOOKS FOR YOU THAT I FOUND, READ, AND THOUGHT YOU MIGHT LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT.

Book reviewed- Security Issues by Morgan Hawke

Book Blurb- Rory has a rather intimidating personal problem: Teradyne Corporation's chief of security, Jin. Despite his attraction to the dark-haired elite, Rory knows better than to get involved with someone who's first love is their Job. Unfortunately, Jin doesn’t seem to want to take ‘no’ for an answer


My Ratings- 4/ 5

My Thoughts- What a surprising good book.

This story had it all! Comedy that is so rarely seen, hot man on man love, and great written characters.

In all honesty I wasn’t expecting much. I was bored and the book was cheap. Oh how glad I am that I got it.

I loved loved how Rory dealt with security. Even better was how Jin turned the tables.

This does have some spanking, being tied down, and out in your place scene and they were awesome. Highly recommended.



Book Reviewed- Boystown: Three Nick Nowak Mysteries by Marshall Thornton


Book Blurb-

A former police officer turned private detective, Nick Nowak is haunted by his abrupt departure from the department, as well as, the traumatic end of his relationship with librarian Daniel Laverty. In these three stories set in Chicago during the early eighties, Nick locates a missing young man for a mysterious client, solves a case of arson at a popular nightspot, and goes undercover to prove a dramatic suicide was actually murder.

When he isn’t detecting, and sometimes when he is, Nick moves through a series of casual relationships. But his long suppressed romantic side surfaces when he meets Detective Bert Harker. Will he give love another chance? Or, will he continue to bury himself in the arms of strangers?

My Rating- 3.75/5

My Thoughts- Three books in one, you gotta love that.

These stories were very entertaining. I actually read the first two rather quickly. The third was just as good but took me awhile to get into at first.

I like cop turned detective books, always have. The fact that he is no longer a cop because he’d gay, added to it.

These books are heavy on the sex. Lots of sex with lots of different men. That’s usually not my kind of books and I didn’t change my mind here.

It’s a good read.


There you go- another week of what I've been reading- because there is always something to read.

Crissy Smith

Romance on the 'WILD' side...

http://www.crissysmith.net

5 comments:

Water said...

Hi Crissy, I was looking for reviews about Security Issues because I have not read the book yet, when I came across your review. Have you read any of Morgan's other books? She writes m/m/f books that totally rock. Victorious Star, Fallen Star, Lost Star and a connected story called Fortune's Star which is in an anthology called Hard Candy, are not to be missed. Well not if you like menage stories with two men who love each other and the woman who loves them, that is. Lost Star is a prequel to Victorious Star though and is m/m not m/m/f. Her site is www.darkerotica.net and you can read long excerpts of her books there. Her books usually aren't for the faint of heart (there is some spanking and BDSM, she has aliens with two uh appendages, etc) but if you liked Security Issues I'm betting you will like those. I also loved Night Train which is a m/m/f vampire book. I have read all of her books and haven't read one I didn't like. You can see all of her stuff on her site though.

Cathy M said...

Hi Crissy,

Haven't read a Morgan Hawke book in forever, thanks for the review.

Thanks Susan for the extra scoop,too.

Sex Toys said...

Hi Crissy, I just found your blog somehow on the internet. It's a quite impressive resume you have. I have adult store online. I wish to do business with you somehow.

sex toys said...

Actually, I'd love to market your book in our store.

Crissy said...

Sex Toys,

Thanks for the interest but the rights to my books are owned by Total_E-Bound publishing. You would need to contact them!

But so glad you found me on the Web!