Saturday, April 18, 2009

12 months of submitting



This week marked a mild stone for me. And I would like to share with you how 12 months of submitting has gone.

This week last year (2008) I submitted my very first story. Yep, thats rights... 1 year ago I sent in my first story. The result?

Seduced by the Neighbour, my second release, was published March 2nd through Total-E-Bound. Big Woo hoo and happy dance I did. But that was my second release you may ask.

Well in May I sent two submissions in. To two different publishers. I sent in Savage Love to total-e-bound and another story (which will be published through total-e-bound) to another publisher.

I first heard back about Savage Love. I received the email from my now editor offering me my first contract. And I'm not to proud to admit that I cried. I did like a baby I was so happy.

After I signed the contract for Savage Love I was on a roll. I continued to submit. With both great and not so great results.

I submitted monthly from there on. Sometimes one book sometimes two. I ended up with a pretty good schedule in 2009.

If you read an eariler blog, you know that I set a goal of having 5 books published in 2009. Well I reached that! (Another happy dance, this one with a drink in my hand)

In 2008- Savage Love was released October 27th

In 2009- Seduced by the Neighbour was released march 2nd

Pack Alpha- The first book in The Were Chronicles April 20

Summer's Girl- July 2009

Pack Enforcer- The second book The Were Chronicles Sept

Eternal- December

2010- Corporate Wolves- Feb 2010

Lacey's Seduction- April 2010

So in a 12 month period I have signed 8 contracts since that first submission.

It hasn't been all roses. i still get rejections. Even received one this month. But after that happens I take the story and rewrite, rewrite, rewrite. Which is good. Because some of these would have never seen the light of day if I had not.

So never give up authors! Because right around the corner could be your next contract. maybe even your first!

Thanks for sharing this with me. Have a great weekend.

Crissy

http://www.freewebs.com/crissysmith

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Crissy, I'm so Happy for you! Congradulations on your contracts! Your a wonderful new author. I Loved and enjoyed your first two books and really looking forward to Pack Alpha too. 2 more days now, man it's taking forever it seems, for monday to get here LOL!! Do I sound like I'm addicted to your books?? hummm...Yep! ya got that right ha! ha!Hugs,cheesecake and spankings!!

Desiree Holt said...

Crissy,
Thanks for sharing all this with us. What a wonderful year it's been for you. I wish you mega sales on all your books.

She said...

Congratulations! That's a milestone. Good luck on your upcoming books.

Crissy said...

Thanks you three. I'm glad you were able to stop by!

Crissy