Monday, June 28, 2010

Book Review Monday- June 28th, 2010




BOOK REVIEW MONDAY JUNE 28, 2010


I am super excited to be able to show up once again for Book Review Monday. So much has been happening in my personal life that I haven’t had much time to read. That makes me a very cranky girl! But this week as the weeks are winding down to an almost completed house I was able to get back and reading and writing and have some awesome books to share with you.

Book Reviewed- Dark Horse by Kate Sherwood
Book Blurb- Dan thinks about just driving, leaving the whole mess behind. He's got enough money. He could just arrange to get his stuff and his horse shipped to wherever he's going. Taking off is what he used to do when things got to be too much, and it worked pretty well, really.

Dan Wheeler thought he'd found lasting love and stability with his life and work partner Justin Archer. But when Dan finds himself alone again, still working as a horse trainer for Justin's parents, he has to find a way to accept that his perfect life is gone forever.

Then he meets billionaire Evan Kaminski, who arrives to buy a horse for his younger sister, and Evan's lover Jeff Stevens, a horse trainer who seems to understand more than just Dan's job. Struggling to deal with all the upheaval in his life, Dan finds himself drawn to both Evan's mercurial passion and Jeff's quiet wisdom. Is Dan strong enough to take a chance on new love, or would it be better—safer—for him to be alone?
My Rating- 5/5
My Thoughts- I very rarely give 5/5, if ever.
This is one of the best books I’ve read. I laughed and cried and did not want this journey to end. This is a pretty long book and still as I saw the page numbers going up and up I almost wanted to stop reading so it didn’t end.
But of course I couldn’t stop reading.
Dan is such a fully developed character. This isn’t a book that has a quick threesome and lots of sex to carry the rest of the story. This is a deep emotion book that has some erotic scenes.
I really cannot do the book justice with my short review. But if you are a fan of M/M romance this is a book you must have!

Book reviewed- A Loving Heart by Leiland Dale
Book Blurb- For seven years, Jasper Elliot felt betrayed and all alone when his brother left their home. When an unexpected visitor shows up and voices the truth as to why his brother left, Jasper was faced with a decision that would change the course of his life. Arriving at The Mountain Hart Ranch not only didn't things go the way he expected them too but he also found something he thought he never would.

Seth Hart had a secret, one that had scars of its own. To keep his secret safe he never dated and always made sure to not get his heart involved. With the arrival of Jasper, Seth's resolutions flew right out the window. The instant attraction Seth felt for Jasper was exhilarating but also scared him. Just as things started going better than Seth ever expected, their past catches up to them.

Will their past tear them apart or will Seth's secret bring them closer together?
My rating- 3.75/ 5
My Thoughts- I really enjoyed this book!
It was a week of M/M cowboy books for me I guess. I enjoyed both that I read. This book was a solid 4 to 4.5 until the end.
The beginning of this story was strong and drew you forward taking you to an exciting middle. I felt the end was a bit of a let down though. Lots of unanswered questions.
Still like I said I did enjoy this book and will look for more from this author in the future. This is the second book in a series and I really enjoyed the first which I have reviewed before so hopefully this author will continue to weave her story for us to enjoy.


Thanks for stopping by. I 'll have a few more posts this week plus don't forget to sign in for the June Reading contest. There is still a few short days!

1 comment:

Cathy M said...

Now Kate's story totally got my attention, will definitely check that one out.