Friday, December 5, 2008

I got paid





Like most authors I talk to I don't write for the money. Well I don't write to be famous, although, to myself I am. LOL! I write because if I didn't the characters in my head would never shut up and leave me alone. I write because I love to tell stories, to share them, and give them a voice.

However, I must tell you that I received my first royalty check and it was really really cool!!!! I met another e-book author or have known him but never knew he wrote. He told me that the month before he only made $5.00 for his latest release. Which I could see if you didn't have very many books out or any out for awhile but I discussed this with my husband, who in turn, told me to do what makes me happy.

So I wrote...

I made more than $5.00 I'll tell you that. I actually think I did pretty good with the period only being form October 27th-30th.

It doesn't have to do with the money because I actually won't be cashing the check! Yes I know, but it's my first check for being an author, so that sucker is going to be framed on the wall right next to the first dollar my husband made when he opened the gun store.

So I got paid for doing what I love! How many people can say that???

Oh don't get me wrong. Of course my dream is to be a very popular writer that gets to do that for a living. I already have it planned although it will be many years away!!!

I'll have my husband arrange the back office to his store and set me up a writing space. I can write there while he is at work when I'm in the mood. Or write while Abby is at school alone at home. But I'll have options! For now though...I'll be going into my day job as an accounts payable manager for an elecrtical/windfarm company.

But hey! I have proof and that is cool!



1 comment:

Glsmeltr said...

Crissy,

I am so proud of you and happy for you! Someday you will look back at that check and it will give you fond memories of the joy you felt when you finally GOT PAID!!!

Of course, you will be famous by then with #1 bestsellers every year!! :)

Always dream big!

Hugs...Diane