Monday, February 15, 2010

Book Review Monday- Feb 15th



Book reviewed- Evolution by Carol Lynne

Book Blurb- Jarek, a young cougar shifter, arrives at Refuge full of hope. He is finally in a place where he can have a lover and his first-ever home. Meeting Mica feels like icing on the cake, but his dreams are quickly shattered by a night of pain and violence at the hands of his Alpha.Mica, a stone man, is trying to get his emotions under control. He likes Jarek, but isn’t sure what to do with the overwhelming lust he feels whenever Jarek is near. After the two of them are caught in a compromising position, Jarek goes missing, and Mica will do anything in his power to track him down.Suni, the true-blue Alpha of the cougars, doesn’t want anything to do with the rest of his kind. He is perfectly content to live out his life in seclusion. When he stumbles across a young cougar shifter near death, he realizes he’s found his mate. When Jarek regains consciousness and tells Suni about Mica, the true Alpha is left wondering where he’ll fit in.Three men, one who wants to feel, one who doesn’t know how to feel, and one who refuses to feel, come together on the side of a mountain. The resulting clash of personalities and sexually charged energy will change their lives forever.

My Rating- 4/5

My thoughts- Oops I did it again!

One of these days I will learn not to start a series from author Carol Lynne in the middle of the series. I did it with three or four other series of hers and Yes each time I have to go back and get all of the books before it.

The reason- because I enjoy the books so much I have to read about the characters when they were first introduced.

I am a fan of Carol Lynne. She is one of my favorite M/M authors and I will tell you why.
There is no other writer out there that can make me totally care for a character the way she can. She hooked me and grabbed my heart because the men in the books grabbed me.

Not sure how she does it but I know when I read about a character of hers I will love them.
So I bought the four books in the Refuge Shifter series. Started with book three then went back and read one, two, and four. Each book was well written and I liked the story lines. It’s been moved into my fav series folder. Will go back and reread again, probably soon.

Book Reviewed- Running Hot by Stephani Hecht
Book Blurb- A thrill of excitement always went through paramedic James Willson whenever he transported a patient to St. Michael’s hospital, but it had nothing to do with the rush of the job. It was one of the emergency department doctors that set his heart racing—the very sexy, very aloof Calvin Dane. For months now, James has admired Calvin from afar, but has never dared act on his feelings since the doctor didn’t seem to return his interest. Then one intimate encounter in the back of his ambulance forever changes things between the two men. But does the doctor truly care for James or is he just looking for a brief hookup? And can James’s heart survive the hurt if Calvin forever turns his back on what could have been?

My Rating- 3.75/ 5

My Thoughts- This is a hot quick book.

James and Calvin’s relationship goes from zero to off the chart quickly and is hot enough to leave everything else behind.

Good Read

Although I would have loved to read more about them. Their struggles and so on. If the book had been longer and we’d moved on further than the first step of their relationship I think I would have enjoyed it more.

Book reviewed- by Dakota Flint

Book Blurb- Love can be found among the pieces of a broken heart.The night his brother, Simon, was killed in an accident, Dylan took on a double load of guilt. Guilt for walking away unscathed…and for secretly loving Simon’s partner, Wade. Unable to bear the pain, Dylan left the Lazy G ranch to rebuild his life elsewhere.A year later he reluctantly responds to his sister’s plea to come home, where he finds the Lazy G falling apart. And so is Wade. Wade has stopped caring about the ranch, about everything that should matter most to him.Though there’s more ranch work than one man can possibly handle, Dylan throws himself into the task. Wondering how he’s going to find the strength to pull Wade out of the fog of grief when his own is still as raw as a fresh wound. Wondering when Wade will finally see that his second chance for happiness is standing right in front of him.Warning: Contains explicit, emotionally charged m/m sex. Extra box of tissues required. You could use your sleeve, of course, but we don’t recommend it.

My Rating- 3.5/ 5

My thoughts-
I was a little iffy about reading this book but it had really good ratings so I decided to give it a try.

I was curious about how the author would broach the subject about a man who lost his lover and falling in love with the now deceased lover’s brother years later.

The book was well written. I was glad that the author gave the characters good backgrounds and detailed on the feelings they had instead of just making the men jump into bed together.
I actually liked the characters in the book. I could see myself reading them in other books or situations. But in the end it didn’t work for me.

Maybe it was because we jumped a week in a chapter or a month at times but I still don’t see the reality of it.

Doesn’t mean it wasn’t good, however. Like I said the book was well written and I did like the characters. I am thinking about getting a hold of something else by the author to see if I enjoy other characters better.
Crissy

No comments: