Monday, February 8, 2010

Book review Monday


It's Monday morning once again... Let's talk books. With all of the new books coming out last month and this month iy may be hard to choose where to spend your money.
Today I will share my reviews of three more books I've read recently and hopefully you can find something that catches your eye. Join me for my reviews for Rhianne Aile, Sean Michael, and Stormy Glenn.
Book Reviewed: Cursed by Rhianne Aile
 
Book Blurb- Upon their grandmother's death, Tristan Northland and his twin, Will, come into possession of her Book of Shadows and the knowledge that their family is responsible for a centuries old curse. Determined to right the ancient wrong, Tristan sets off across the ocean to reverse the dark magic that affects the Sterling family to this day.Benjamin Sterling might not be happy with his life, but it is predictable - at least until Tristan Northland shows up in his office, unannounced and with nowhere to stay. He has plenty of reason to distrust witches and Northlands, but instead of caution, he experiences two unexpected emotions: hope and love.
 
My Rating- 4.75/ 5
 
My thoughts- I loved this book. While it took me a few days to read (which I love) I could not wait to get to it. It gave me something to look forward to at the end of the day.
The book starts off with a bang and does not let up. In over 200 pages there was not a moment that the story lagged.
 
I liked the twist of a cursed werewolf, pack werewolf, and etc. How Benjamin wasn’t accepted by the local pack because he was cursed. How the Alpha’s mate navigated how to help Benjamin. The people in the manor who knew and kept the secret. I want a Mary to take care of me when I’m ill.
This was a great shifter story, plus love, humor, hot M/M loving, and more.
 
After I read this I immediately went out and bought the second book with Tristin’s brother Will. Last night I already read over 50 pages of the second book. I really hope there are more books in this series. While I can see how there can be just two with the twins there are so many more characters I’d like to see what happened with. I feel this series could go many more books and I would buy every one.
I may have found another MUST read author. And I’m thrilled.

Book Reviewed- Unlikely Hero by Sean Michael
Book Blurb- Eric doesn’t know where else to turn when his daughter is kidnapped, so he calls on his powerful ex-lover, Brock. Brock never expected to hear from Eric again, but he never got over the man, either. When Eric comes to him to help find the three-year-old Josie, there's no way Brock can turn him down. He has the money and the contacts Eric needs, and he can't let Eric walk out of his life again. Not after all these years.Brock has no idea what he's letting himself in for. Together, Eric and Josie turn Brock's world upside down while they work with police and private security to find the people who took Josie, and to keep Eric and Josie safe while they do. Even as they get to know each other again, Brock has to fight the feelings he still has for Eric, at least for time being, which just makes it all that much harder. Can Eric and Brock find out who wants to hurt them before it's too late, or will Brock fall off his pedestal as Eric's hero?

My Rating- 4.25/ 5

 
My Thoughts- From the moment you start to read this book it draws you in and holds on tight.
It’s been nine years since Eric has left Brock but with the kidnapping of his daughter he has no choice but to call on him. I like the fact that as we get deeper involved in the story the twists and turns have you sitting on the edge of your chair. One of the best plots I’ve read in a long time.
This isn’t what I would call an erotic book. While there does turn out to be some hot and steamy m/m loving, this book is more about the story.

And I for one can appreciate that.

While sometimes you just want to read hot steamy romance it is good to have a choice of a book like this. Where you can sit back and enjoy while just leaving the world behind.
I do urge you to give this book a read- I don’t think you’ll be let down.
Book Reviewed: The Masters Pet by Stormy Glenn

Book Blurb- The world is in ruins, society divided into those who protect and those who need protection. That protection comes at a price, one that Jiri discovers when he's sold to Zane, leader of the Death Dealers.He's shocked when Zane explains he wants Jiri as his own personal sex pet. But Jiri can't deny he's intrigued by Zane's proposal.He wears the collar and leash Zane provides and prepares himself to be a possession. But the more he gets to know Zane, the more Jiri wants something more. He wants Zane to want him for him, and not just as a pet. But before Jiri can convince Zane of his desire, an attack comes from The Night Dwellers, one that could destroy them both.

My Rating: 4/ 5

My Thoughts: Once again Author Stormy Glenn had combined M/M romance, the Master/ slave relationship, and otherworld stories into one great hot read.

From Jiri’s innocent exploration to Zane’s possessiveness I got pulled into the book and read it in one setting. Both main characters were likable and well written and the supporting characters give you something to look forward too.

I hope to see Slash and Billy’s story soon. I look forward to reading more about the biker gang that while is tough and violent needs what we all do. Love.
Crissy

2 comments:

hotcha12 said...

SIGH CRISSY,

DANG I NEED A JOB!! WOULD LOVE TO READ THESE.
LINDA B

hotcha12 said...

am I the only one posting? DOES THAT MEAN I GET A BOOK? ROFL!!