Monday, February 1, 2010

Book Review Monday's



Every Monday I will be reviewing at least I book I read and most of the time more. Usually I read about two eBooks and week plus what print book I am into. At this time my daughter and I are reading The Twilight Series together. So it may be some time before that review comes. But not to worry I am still reading through my To be read pile of eBooks.

This week I will be posting three book reviews. Authors include T.A. Chase, JC Owens, and Stephani Hecht.

Reviewed Book: Wings by J.C. Owens

Book Blurb- Anyar, a black-winged young guard, could only be accused of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. He captures the attention of a commanding, beautiful white-winged prince of the enemy, Vanyae, and is swept away into the conflict between their peoples.Vanyae takes the incredible, black-winged beauty from his home and all he knows to a place of submission, of slavery. And though Anyar vows never to give in and despairs of his freedom, Vanyae finds pleasure in his body and his spirit.Even while the battle rages, Vanyae starts to realize that his black-winged bird is much more than a slave to him.

My Rating- 3.75/ 5
My Thoughts- I enjoyed this book. I bought it because I read the book Gaven from this author. While I did enjoy Gaven much more I can honestly say that this book is good. The characters have depth and are likable. Even when your not sure whether you should like them or not.
The sex scenes were good. Put in at the right places and not just for the sake of having sex.
This book had a plot and a good ending. The ending was probably my favorite part.

I would recommend this book.

Book reviewed: A Feral Christmas by Stephani Hecht
 
Book Blurb- Jaguar shifter, Brent, is on the most important mission of his life, to find his missing brothers. Separated years ago when their family home was attacked by the Ravens, Brent has never forgotten his lost siblings and will do anything to bring them back home. Then he finds out that one man holds the key to their location, a hawk shifter named, Daniel.Daniel has been on the run from the Ravens ever since they nearly eradicated all of his kind. Hiding by living as a human, the last thing he wants is to be sucked back into the shifter world. Then he wakes up to find a jaguar shifter in his bedroom, demanding his help. Even though he wants to refuse, Daniel takes one look at the desperation in Brent’s eyes and knows he has to help.Even the smallest child knows that cats and birds don’t mix. It still doesn’t stop the two men’s growing attraction to each other. Even as they fight new and old enemies, their feelings of love grow. Will they be able to overcome a lifetime’s worth of hatred and prejudice to be together? Or will they have the pay the ultimate price for love?

My Rating- 4/5

My thoughts- I enjoy two series from this author. I like both her Drone Vampire Chronicles and the Lost shifter series. This book is actually part of the lost shifter series. It took me a few chapters to remember who Brent was again, while he was in the first book, I had the series confused and was thinking he was part of the drone vampires.

However that did not hurt anything. This author does a wonderful job at describing the characters. You get right into how they feel and their thoughts. The book starts with action and of course has the needed heat between the two main characters.

I mean a cat shifter and a bird shifter? Awesome!

Both books in the Lost shifter series from Ms. Hecht were fabulous. I can see myself rereading this one and I’ve already read the first book twice.

Short, steamy, and great book. Go out and buy it!

Book reviewed- No Going Home: Book 1 of Home Series by TA Chase

Book Blurb- Six years ago, a hoof to the head ended Leslie Hardin’s show-jumping career and his relationship with the man he loved. Broken, hurt, and rejected, Les has focused his energies on rebuilding his life.

Les’s accident has shown him that the most valuable treasures are usually found under an imperfect surface, and his reputation for taking in strays starts to grow. But it’s one of these strays in particular, injured rodeo cowboy Randy Hersch, who captures more than just his compassion.

Between his disapproving father and his chosen career path, Randy has always felt the need to deny his passion. But when Les takes him under his wing, Randy begins to realize that he is truly strong enough to admit his true self—to himself and the rest of the world. But in the arms of a broken man, can he find acceptance…and love?

My Rating- 4.5/ 5

My thoughts- I am a big fan of TA Chase. I enjoy her dragons series, love her of love of sports series, look forward to more of the The Preternaturals series, and can’t wait for more of Nowhere diner series. I looked at this book a couple times. Couldn’t decide if it was what I was looking to read.

I am so glad I did!
The blurb did nothing for this book. This is one awesome read. The characters from the main men to the background are wonderfully written. The sex scenes were scorching hot and sensitive at the same time.

I enjoyed this book so much that I immediately went and got the second book and am liking it even more.

This is a must read!
So here are my unofficial thoughts on what I read this week. Hope you all enjoyed your weekend too.
Crissy

1 comment:

hotcha12 said...

HI CRISSY,

I READ 3 BY STEPHANIE BUT NOT FAMILIAR WITH OTHERS.

LINDA B